Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Back in action (sort of)

To make a long story short, Lenovo decided that since they weren't sure when they were going to be able to repair my laptop, they'd just send me a new one.  While the process has been pretty frustrating, I'm definitely happy with the outcome--I get to replace my increasingly buggy 3.25 year old laptop with a brand new one at no cost to me.  It will have several upgrades I'm excited about, including Windows 7, which P uses at work and says is a vast improvement on Vista.

So I'm eagerly awaiting the laptop's arrival--but first the factory has to make it.  In the meantime, Lenovo sent my old unit back to me so I could transfer the files off of it.  I was a little shocked to open the box and discover why they thought it was necessary to replace the LCD screen:
Seems the screen was broken in transit.  Luckily, we have an extra monitor, so I'm able to use that for now.  (Sorry I tried to convince you to get rid of this when we moved, P.)

Anyway, there's much interesting stuff to fill you in on.  Just to give you a taste: we have finished work on two rooms, and actually moved some furniture into them and unpacked some boxes!  Pictures to come...

No comments: