Sunday, September 26, 2010

Help! Mystery bushes

One afternoon last week, I was sitting in my cubicle when I (and everyone else at my workplace) got an email announcing that they had completed the new landscaping installation around our building, and there were leftover plants.  Help yourself.

Score!  P and I (mostly I, perhaps) had declared that this fall/spring, we would install some more bushes and trees.  But good ones are expensive. 

I ran straight outside, and was surprised to see that there were some nearly waist-high bushes remaining.  I quietly cheered my luck at having worn my jeans to the office that day, and stuffed the two largest in the trunk of my car before anyone else could claim them.

But here's the conundrum: we need to plant these, but we don't know what they are.  So we don't know how big they're going to get--which makes it hard to decide on a location.  (My guess is they're going to easily double or triple in size, or might even be more properly classed as small trees rather than shrubs--but I"m just going with my gut here.)

Anyone out there have any guesses?  Here's shrub 1:




And shrub 2:



No comments: