Wednesday, September 22, 2010

white!

I'm no interior decorator--that's probably why I don't understand people's concern with finding the "right white." Especially when they want a white that's warm, not too stark.... we painted all of our ceilings and trim with just the basic, off-the-shelf white paint. the kind that used as a base for tinting anything else. and we love it.

I forget how much of a difference this has made to our house until I see something like this:



Yeah, what happened here is that I ran out of painting steam, and never got around to painting out guest bedroom door. The walls, ceiling, trim, everything used to be painted the same almond color as the door. Doesn't everything look so much crisper and cleaner now, with the brought white contrasting with the greige walls? I love it!

I'm always amazed by how much of a difference this paint job has made. With no contrasting true white in the room, the almond paint just looked dingy white. but with the trim painted a true white, it's easy to see how dark the old paint really was.  It definitely took some time to paint all of the trim and ceiling and everything, but it was so, so worth it. Both P and I love the way this room is turning out!

1 comment:

bennett said...

I can't wait to come back and stay in the room!