Friday, December 3, 2010

Deck the table

Teaching my sister-in-law to quilt a table runner last month inspired me to make a Christmas runner of my own.  I finally finished binding it this week, so P would be greeted by a nice holiday table when he got back from his business trip yesterday.


The bowl in the middle contains a batch of popcorn balls my grandmother just mailed us.  They're fantastic!  My grandmother usually makes them as a Halloween treat, but they're totally working for me as a Christmas mood-setter this year.  I guess they make me think of family, and excited about getting to see them in a few weeks.

The runner is reversible for a more subdued look.  I'm pretty pleased with the quilting pattern I used:


















I'll be working on more holiday decorating this weekend, so there should be more pictures next week!

Hope you're enjoying your December!

Dare to DIYVisit thecsiproject.com

2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

This is so pretty! I love the striped look on the front and the quilting is so cute. It's inspiring me to try it myself.

Thanks for linking up to Dare to DIY! Really appreciate it.

Leigh said...

Hi,I found you via Kim's party. I love the runner- the fabrics are great, so smart to make it reversible. The arrow quilting pattern is a nice detail too.