Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Just because

I've been looking at house inspiration pictures for months, thinking, "What a lovely exotic fern!  Where would I get a fern that lovely?  All I can find are the 'normal' looking ferns."

Turns out the answer was right under my nose.  There's a florist/greenhouse just a few blocks from our house, but I never went in there until a few weeks ago.  That's where all the different varieties of ferns had been hiding!  And all of the really nice, healthy poinsettias.

I dragged P in on black Friday to buy a poinsettia for my cubicle, and forced him to ooh and aah over the ferns with me.  So a week and a half later, he went back and picked on up for me.  Just because.

Isn't he the sweetest?

It's a moss fern.  Isn't it lovely?


I replanted it in an extra IKEA planter basket I had on hand--texture on texture!

1 comment:

Nicole G. said...

I just picked up this same planter from Ikea a couple of weeks ago...I love the ferns so thanks for the reminder to go check out my local nurseries (I usually only check out Home Depot and Lowe's).