Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New bathroom light

Remember our unfortunate bathroom light fixture situation?  You know, where the light fixture blocked our medicine cabinet from opening?

I was just ignoring the situation and pretending that I didn't have (and didn't need) a medicine cabinet.  If I had time to kill at Home Depot or Lowe's, I would browse the lighting selection.  That only proved to me that I think pretty much every bathroom light out there is somewhere on the scale of bland to ugly.

Until I opened One King's Lane this morning to check their daily sales, that is.  And saw this beauty:


 It should arrive on my doorstep in a few weeks.  And hopefully I won't be making a habit of replacing things I've already replaced once in the house.

If you're looking for a light fixture, they've got a number of winners up right now--it was a hard decision!  A lot of these will work if you're like us and have an older house that you don't want to scream "I was built in 1954 but remodelled in 2011!" 

Check these out:







All images courtesy One Kings Lane, Hudson Valley and Sonneman lighting

No comments: